Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Yup! Hills are our friends

QUOTE OF THE DAY


"Hills are our friends!!! Hills are just intervals in disguise"

(me -- every time I do hill training alone or with my clinics)


Week 2 - Nagano Marathon Training - "Creative Goal Setting"


Well, I had some time to think about goal setting for the new year and after some awesome workouts early this week, I came up with my latest self motivating goal -- I want to push myself with hills therefore elevation training mostly for Nagano but also over the next year -- so here is my crazy idea to motivate myself --- I want to climb Mt Everest 6 times over the next year -- by use of the treadmill and stairmaster -- all workouts on an incline -- Everest is 29,029 feet high -- so that means approximately 15,000 feet per month or 3,750 per week. Add pictures on my training /change room wall in my home of Mt Everest with the height marked off in 500 ft increments I can monitor my progress on a daily basis.

May sound crazy but I hope it works -- visualization once again is the key!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Allan,
You are a constant source of inspiration. I hope one day that I will be in the same league as you.
The big fella