Thursday, January 10, 2008


QUOTE OF THE DAY


“It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”
What an awesome week this is turning out to be --- training has been incredible -- so far this week I have gotten in 60k of walking and 160k on the bike plus 2 hrs of strength training focusing mainly on core and legs -- and in doing my walking have climbed just short of 10,000 feet -- one-third of the way up Mt. Everest in one week!!!!!!!!!!!!
Add onto that being away from the stress of Go Transit and being able to focus on my new life with the Running Room -- this has really enhanced my mental outlook and focus -- have almost all my clinics for the new store set with instructors. Plus I am adding a second Personal Best Clinic for Walker beginning in June and add to that I am working to bring the GURU Dave McGovern in for a weekend clinic out of the store the weekend of June 6-8/08 -- Dave has already agreed to come -- it is all so exciting
Speaking of the Personal Best Clinic -- tonight is night one of the first ever -- and on line registrations are at 34 as we speak which is amazing and humbling to say the least -- I hope I can provide what they all are looking for!!!!!!!!!!
THE BIG NEWS -- My friend Stephen G. from California is on the cover of new issue of Walk Magazine -- congrats Stephen -- I am first in line for the autograph -- why don't you come up here and do a motivational talk at my PB clinic the week Dave McGovern is here -- what a great combination -- Proud of you my friend

No comments: