Monday, August 20, 2007

2004 Olympic trials

QUOTE OF THE DAY


"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sales. Explore. Dream. Discover."

- Mark Twain
Just a quick post this morning -- between my Oakville group and doing a second workout when I got home from work yesterday I got my distance in - 28.4k. Off to the gym this morning for a great X training workout -- an easy 10k on the bike to warm up and then into endurance circuits -- 5 core and leg machines back to back with no rest and then 20 minutes hard on the stairmaster -- this X 3 reps -- a one minute rest between each circuit -- the core etc were Leg presses(15 reps with 320lbs/330lbs/340lbs); obliques with 60 lbs X15 on each side; ab crunches with 110lbsX 15 reps; back presses with 160lbsX 15 reps and flys with 140lbs X15 reps. Ended up with 8.5k on the stairmaster in 60 minutes so I was quite happy with the workout -- I may be getting back in the grove.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! I've raced the woman on the left twice!! Hahaha if you call that racing...basically I was an extra person on the course for her to pass! That's Teresa Vaill. She's not the prettiest walker, but she's fast. In 2004 she was the oldest competitor at the Olympics.