Sunday, August 12, 2007

This is what it is supposed to look like - AWESOME


QUOTE OF THE DAY



"Scars heal...glory fades..and all we're left with are the memories made. Pain hurts, but only for a minute, yeah life is short, so go on and live it"

- Megan Rose Leighliter
I am finding it much more difficult to keep up with this blog these days -- I think it is because I have had some difficult days emotionally lately and now chose not to let that interfere with this site as I wanted it to be a positive and motivational account rather that seeing the downside - so forgive me if I let it slide every once in awhile for a few days.
Thursdays workout in Oakville was indeed awesome -- my friend Sarah (aka cdnracewalker) gave us a talk on Racewalking, and a demo outside that everyone just loved particularly when they could try it out themselves....It is always good for them to hear from another person the same premise I have been preaching as well.....Sarah stayed for the workout which was basically 3X repeats of Hill up, straight 150m speed interval, down and up stairs, 150m speed interval and downhill followed by core work(planksX4, crunchesX10 ---X2)---did it all three times and It was a great workout -- everyone seemed to enjoy it -- especially when it was done.
Friday I did a pretty intense Xtraining workout -- 15k bike, strength circuits(5 machines - back, lats, chest, leg press, obliques), each circuit followed by 15 minutes on the stairclimber -- this was done 3X ---- I love that workout and have felt in my best race shape when I did that religiously so tomorrow morning I will do it again.
Yesterday, had to miss the Rosedale clinic due to work but got in 6.5k tempo later on and just did 26k this morning -- 14k with the Oakville group and another 12 when I got home. Now off to work..
I think I have battled the demons and have found the reserve I need to get ready for Port Perry in September and Suwa Ko in October......Now that pleases me...
Steve -- if you read this I cant leave messages on your new site!! Can you send me your email address again please as I somehow misplace it....Cheers

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Sorry to hear you've been feeling down, Allan. I really appreciate your posts and love reading about your training and the workouts you have your classes do. Thanks for posting whenever you feel up to it. I hope that life will start treating you better soon.