Saturday, August 18, 2007


QUOTE OF THE DAY


"I always wanted to be somebody... If I've made it, it's half because I was game to take a wicked amount of punishment along the way and half because there were an awful lot of people who cared enough to help me."

-Althea Gibson

Back again after a few hectic days when I just really did not make the time to update my blog --- BUT, it has been a pretty fair week when it is all said and done -- disappointments few, and accomplishments many -- I guess that sums up a good week.......Shouldn't get too concerned about some off days anyway, as my dad always used to say "son, as long as you wake up on the right side of the grass, it is a good day -- just some are better than others.
Great workouts with the clinics this week..... Hill and stair repeats X7 -- Oakville had some Mexican 150's thrown in as well -- and of course the 7 repeats of the core exercises as well -- longer plank sessions as well as TRI-crunches this time -- they are awesome -- I still feel them myself today.
Missed Rosedale today as I had to work again -- where I reported for work today is 14k from my home so after I finished 10hrs at work I had a great tempo workout on the way home.
I successfully increase my weekly mileage by 15% this week - so now I am back to where I want to be when I feel I maximize my training - in the 80-85km per week range which also hits my calorie goal of 10,000 per week including that burned in my Xtraining.
Looking forward to 29k with the Oakville group tomorrow.


Next Saturday is my son David's wedding and the next day is the Commerce Court Invasion which we have organized to bring in walkers from all over the Greater Toronto Area to take part in a huge training walk in downtown Toronto and on the Lakeshore
THAT WILL BE AN AWESOME WEEKEND!!!!

No comments: