Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Myself and John Stanton
John Stanton and some of the A TEAM

QUOTE OF THE DAY




Trials, temptations, disappointments -- all these are helps instead of hindrances, if one uses them rightly. They not only test the fibre of a character, but strengthen it. Every conquered temptation represents a new fund of moral energy. Every trial endured and weathered in the right spirit makes a soul nobler and stronger than it was before.
Man I hate sickness -- I am struggling with a bad cold right now that has certainly hampered my training but in the long run it may be a blessing to take 3 or 4 days and rest the sore muscles -- maybe the cold is my body telling me I have been pushing it and to start to taper -- what's that?????
Had my last official session with the Rosedale group on Saturday -- did 18km and in the middle we stopped at the Commerce Court Running Room and met John Stanton - the owner and founder of the Running Room,-- who was there for the Run run/walk for the ScotiaBank Toronto Marathon...................Hence the pictures above -------GOOD NEWS from John -- he has given the OK to start my proposed "PERSONAL BEST" ADVANCED WALKING CLINIC -- the members of the A team were thrilled as was I -- it will begin in January at the Commerce Court Running Room and is a pilot project -- one of a kind in Canada -- if, I mean when, we make it work who knows where it will lead to..............I am pumped about this -- gives me basically three months to organize as well as refresh myself -- I can get the "DR. EVIL" mask back on and design some interesting workouts -- this will be a blast.
Picked up the tickets for Japan today -- we are really on our way --- it will be great to have so many of the family there to watch and my step son will be there running it and trying to pace me as best he can for the first half and then he will take off on his own............this is so exciting, I had my Canada shirt on on Saturday at Commerce Court and the number of people who signed it for luck was amazing and so supportive.... on the back of the shirt is written
"THE DREAM"
SUWA KO 21.1
28/10/2007
JAPAN
"TIME TO WALK THE WALK"

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Allan, you sound so excited and happy about everything right now! Sorry about the cold, but probably a good idea to rest a bit anyway. I'm sure you are more than ready for the big race. I'm so thrilled for you for the race and also for the walking program you're going to head up. Wish I could join in with all of you, but I'm a little far away :).

Anonymous said...

your website is neat. www.runningroomsucks.blogspot.com