Sunday, October 07, 2007

Start/Finish line within view of this castle

QUOTE OF THE DAY
"There will come a point in the race, when you alone will need to decide. You will need to make a choice. Do you really want it? You will need to decide."
Today my virtual friend Stephen is competing in the Portland Marathon -- my thoughts are with you Stephen -- "You can do it!!!"
Well sometimes less is more I guess -- this past week I have been unable to do the mileage I had planned due to the stubborn cold I had and my work schedule -- I did 86 combined kms - 38 walking and 48 on the bike -- far short of the 125+ I would have liked --- BUT something amazing came about as a result of it --- I went out this morning and decided to do a tempo 10k and just see how quick I could get it done --- a PB training time of 1:03:10 was the result -- am I thrilled -- for sure ------------Sarah, Tammy -- your sub 60:00 10ks are such a phenomenal accomplishment -- I know what this morning took out of me and for you two to have the times you do just amazes and humbles me...............you guys are such a motivation.....
I miss my weekend walks and talks with my favorite training partners --Glenn and Lin -- If you read this guys -- we have to do it again -- soon and often -- I miss you friendship and companionship!!!
The picture attached is of a Samurai castle at Suwa Ko and with in sight of the start finish line -- 3 weeks from today is race day -- can't believe it!!!


1 comment:

Tammy said...

Congrats on your FAST 10k this morning! Awesome job! My PB 10k was all downhill, so I doubt I could do a sub-60' on the flat. I might be able to do a 1:02 I'd guess.

I'm happy that I can motivate you from so far away, though :)!

That castle is beautiful. Japan is going to be so marvelous!