Friday, August 25, 2006

Time to ramp up the workouts
Yesterday was the day that I have decided to really crank up my training - I am happy with my times so far but far from satisfied - always have to have those little goals to shoot for.
I have found that when I am upset, frustrated or angry I can channel that into positive energy thanks to racewalking
Yesterday was a semi typical strength and endurance training day - firstly, I spent a couple of hours at the gym. I usually do endurance there - involving circuit training followed immedaitely with5 minutes on the stairmaster. I have now decided to work in Hill training on the treadmill as part of this workout now - so yesterday, I did three sets of 5 leg exercises - eg legpress, leg curl, leg extension, hamstring curl and horizontal calf press followed by 10 minutes fast Hills after each set of 5 exercises - then a one minute rest -doing it all over again ....Then I did the same with 5 core exercises - this way I got my strenth training in plus endurance plus hills ---------------I loved it ----you sure learn how to breathe properly after awhile. I tend to concentrate on my legs alot as I had full knee replacement 2 years ago---------after all this I relaxed in the hot tub, had lunch with a friend as it was a day off work
In the evening I went to my half marathon clinic at the Oakville running room - the picture is with some of my clinic friends - there we did a relaxing 8km...........
I just got home from work tonight and am heading to the gym to do a shorter version of the endurance training - the weather is mot great outside so I think i will do 8km in doors on the treadmill and focus on hills again with a little ab work and chest work
Cheers all - have a good night

No comments: