Thursday, August 24, 2006

Well I finally, I think, have figured out this blog thing ---- I hope
Just got back from the gym doing my strength and endurance training - have a club walk with my Oakville running room clinic tonight - it is the half marathon and although I have done quite a few races this summer, my longest has only been 15km - so this half marathon clinic is helping alot - my first half is Sept 9 in Port Perry , followed by the Scotia Bank Half in Toronto on Sept 24 and then Niagara Half on Oct 22 - then a month off racing till I do a full marathon in Honolulu on Dec 10/2006
I call my training "MISSION POSSIBLE - TARGET HONOLULU"
Since i started doing my race walking seriously about a year ago after coming off of full knee raplacement I have lost almost 60 pounds and 10 inches on my waist - alot inpart with help from Paul and Gary - the management at Oakville running room
My times have been respectful i guess - best 5km time is 34:44, best 10km is now 1:10:11 and best 15km is 1:47:40
Cheers all

No comments: