Friday, February 23, 2007


QUOTE OF THE DAY
"To awaken the heart is to awaken the dormant soul"
Mahatma Gandhi
"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible."
Arthur C. Clarke
Well all, it has been one H__L of a week - work has been a bear and about the only thing that went right was my training and I am not too sure about that. Too much snow to battle in the beginning of the week has left me with a huge blister on my left heel -- it is not really impacting me that much but I do know it is there. Gret weather for a couple of days and then back into the snow and cold again. Thursday nights's clinic went very well and our speaker was again excellent - I have been blessed with great speakers and this great group of folks I have in the clinic deserve that.
Next week is the Burlington "Chili Half Marathon" --- The "A" Team ( our marathon clinic) has 6 participants in the race and it promises to be a good one. We are having a group dinner the night before ---one can probably guarantee that pasta is on the menu. I am having the pre-race jitters already--if my body isn't hurting somewhere I know I am not ready -- it is always this way ---psychological for sure.
I will begin tapering on after Sundays clinic walk and only train on Tuesday, Thursday and a quick fun walk with Lee Scott on Saturday and then the race is on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A good number of Kms this week - a great stress relief -- 15k on Sunday, 10.5 Monday, 14.5 on Tuesday, 10.5 Wednesday, 9.5 Thursday, 8.0 today.
Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: