Friday, February 16, 2007

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"The body does not want you to do this. As you run, it tells you to stop but the mind must be strong. You always go too far for your body. You must handle the pain with strategy...It is not age; it is not diet. It is the will to succeed." Jacqueline Gareau

Good morning all. A good night last night with the clinic group - quite a few however were scared away by the horrid weather in Oakville over the last few days. Russell Gunner, the chief therapist from the Mississauga Marathon, was my guest speaker and once again was phenomenal. To check him out click on his link on my blog. We then went out and did almost 6k, threw in some slippery hills and decided to call it a night before anyone got hurt as we had a couple who were already nursing injuries. Sunday we are trying something different - High Park - thanks Sarah for the help with that. Our goal is 19k for the day - so hopefully the weather will begin to co-operate. Tomorrow afternoon Glenn, Lin and I will head out in our favorite Meadowvale Park area and try to get in 12-16km - so it will be a heavy training weekend. I plan to do some workouts in the gym in the morning as well as I think I better re-focus on core workouts again- not that I have gotten totally away from them but I haven't done them to the intensity that I was doing them before. Time to rev up the workouts - the Chili Half , Mississauga Full, and Ottawa Half are not too far away and I want to be ready for Bryan K in Ottawa.

Have a good weekend everyone

No comments: