Tuesday, February 27, 2007

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Beyond the Quote
Only you possess the strength within yourself to be triumphant. It is not what surrounds you or who persuades you that creates your success. It is you own determination and drive to be the greatest.




Well eveyone, once again it has been one of those weeks where you are rushing to get any time to make entries on your blog. With the clinic on Sunday we did 23k and it was a huge accomplishment for those in the group who haven't ever done that before -- particularly when we are going into our first big race of the 2007 year this weekend. The last two days have been rest days to give some blisters some time to heal properly before doing about 6k tomorrow and 10 on Thursday, then resting on Friday, quick 3-4k on Saturday before Sunday's Chili Half Marathon. I am in that typical pre-race doubting stage right now -- have I trained enough, am I ready psychologically, am I expecting too much or even worse am I expecting too little? The little aches and pains are there too --but, I have come to realize that this is just me before a race putting mental roadblocks in front of myself --- if the past is any indication, then this just means I must be ready - I can only hope.












No comments: