Friday, February 09, 2007

QUOTES OF THE WEEK

"In sport, mental imagery is used primarily to help you get the best out of yourself in training and competition. The developing athletes who make the fastest progress and those who ultimately become their best make extensive use of mental imagery. They use it daily as a means of directing what will happen in training, and as a way of pre-experiencing their best competition performances." Terry Orlick American Peak Performance Expert, Trainer, Author

"The answer to three questions will determine your success or failure. 1> can people trust me to do my best?. 2> Am I committed to the task in hand?. 3> Do I care about other people and show it? If the answers to all three questions are yes, there is no way you can fail." Lou Holtz.

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honour and the trophy is just a decoration."Bryan Moseley

"Enthusiasm is the best protection in any situation. Wholeheartedness is contagious. Give yourself, if you wish to get others."David Seabury

Good afternoon everyone - a long week without posting and believe it or not I felt guilty about it ---had all these great quotes and not enough time to post them. I was away at a CUTA conference on Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining - a great course with great people and a great and intense program. The Facilitatior of the course "KERRY" was outstanding and highly motivating - Thank you Kerry - I hope to see you again tin the not too distant future.

We were however stuck up in the Great White North -- north of Orillia - in the week we were there not only was it dangerously cold but the locals tell us we got a full Metre of snow -- It was beautiful but horrid for driving and for outdoor training. Fortunately they had a exercise room at the resort and a couple of decent treadmills, stationary bikes, strairclimbers, free weights etc. I was able to get in about 42km over the 5 days with taking today off. So even though I was a little short on my weekly milelage it was intense enough to keep me on my training schedule. So tomorrow I hope to do about 16k with Glenn and Lin and another 16k with the clinic group on Sunday.

Glenn watched over the marathon clinic group on Thursday and Nancy once again watched over the half marathon group---A huge public thanks to them both. Julie - my ironwoman friend - a public thanks to you as well for doing the nutrition talk last night also

If anyone wants some excellent advice on nutrition please go to Julies website to which I have a link on page one of my blog.

Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: