Saturday, June 16, 2007




QUOTE OF THE DAY
Aiming for the marathon is a task of sorts which can include terrific highs and lows. Bill Rodgers
Having your goal to focus on is key, but don't let it become more important than your excellence next year and the year after.
Bill Rodgers


Today was a clinic day in Oakville - part of my clinic got together to do 10k early this morning - we started out down on Lake Ontario at the Lighthouse pictured above and then proceeded through some beautiful residential neighbourhoods. It certainly is my favorite place to train. The clinic members are all buying in to the system and are all loving it - we will see how much they love me after speed intervals next week. - they enjoyed the feeling of accomplishment and the "Walker's high" after doing descending intervals last Thursday. This group is jelling together very quickly - they are truly amazing.
Happy Father's Day tomorrow gentlemen - I am going to celebrate it doing a 5k race with my son - he is registered in the run, me in the power walk category.
Have a great weekend


No comments: