Friday, June 22, 2007




QUOTE OF THE DAY
"Put it before them briefly so they will read it, clearly so they will appreciate it, picturesquely so they will remember it, and above all, accurately so they will be guided by its light."
Joseph Pulitzer.
Well, I don't know how well the quote fits in with the two pictures of my half/marathon clinic from last night - a good picture taker I am not - as you can see from the outdoor shot I cut poor Jane half out of the picture - Sorry Jane - will take another one next week. The clinic continues to grow - we were missing some people last night who were either away on trips or had to work late so we had 18 show up last night of the 22 who are now registered. I am absolutely thrilled by the numbers - it is almost too big - without the help of my group leaders we would not be able to pull it off as the difference in ability levels is quite dramatic but the gap is closing every week. We did speed intervals for an hour last night - it was a great workout and everyone seemed to enjoy it - during these workouts they definitely have a love/hate relationship with me but they are such a great, cohesive and good-natured dedicated group. They are truly amazing.
It has been a very busy week at work - I did get in my X-training workout and will do another today - love the bike and rower - they both help with the core Steve, particularly the rower. Also got in 12k with some of my clinic people on Wednesday night at our club walk. I have been slowly increasing my mileage the last couple of weeks and I am starting to feel very positive about the 2 half-marathons I am doing in July..........It has only been 5 days since the OTMH 5k and I am already itching for a race -- 5k is just too short for me --fast but short -- I love the feeling at the finish of a half or a full -- it is a "RUSH" for sure!!!!!

No comments: