Wednesday, June 13, 2007


QUOTE OF THE DAY
Mary Lou Retton: "As simple as it sounds, we all must try to be the best person we can: by making the best choices, by making the most of the talents we've been given."
Man the heat the last couple of days has been stifling - but I have fortunately been able to get in some quality workouts. I did 10k in Oakville before my guest speaking session on Monday night and it was absolutely gorgeous down by the Lake in the evening. The speaking session, I think, went well - when it is the first, it is always a learning experience. I really enjoyed the opportunity and a few people who were not part of the clinic sat in as well - got some pretty good feedback and each one will get better - I hope!!
Yesterday, was a cross training day - went to the gym after I got home from work at noon(I start at 0400am). I did 18.5k on the bike, 4.14k on the rowing machine and about 30 minutes of weight training circuits - then, did the 6.3k home -- hot, humid - WOW!!!! Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate - oh, and by the way a bit of advice -- HYDRATE!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When do you sleep?? lol!

Racewalker55 said...

Thanks Steve - glad to know you are out there -- appreciate the feedback
Allan