Sunday, June 17, 2007




QUOTE OF THE DAY




Perhaps the single most important element in mastering the techniques and tactics of racing is experience. But once you have the fundamentals, acquiring the experience is a matter of time.


Greg LeMond
To all the fathers out there - Happy Father's Day -- to all of you who are not fathers "don't forget your fathers". The Oakville OTMH Father's Day 5k was today and I am thrilled to say that my step son, running in his first race ever, came in third in his age class - that is him getting the handshake from Ronald MacDonald as MacDonalds was one of the sponsors of the event.
I was fortunate to be 4th overall men and win the Men's Master's Division in 33:25 - 2:25 quicker than when I finished 3rd overall last year. There was some awesome speed there today. In the picture to my left is Hans Dinger - as amazing athlete - he clocked in at 28:00 and change - there were 2 others under 30:30 - amazing - oh well, one more year and hopefully I will be down there as well - everyone has to have goals-Right?
Back to the gym for some serious X-training tomorrow - bike, rowing machine and heavy duty core - have one month to get ready for the new Run For the Roses Half Marathon - I want to be as close to 2:20 as I can - being under that time by year's end was a New Year's Resolution of mine and I really want to break it at the SuwaKo half on October 28th in Japan........................This is something I really really am striving for - everything other goal is simply a step to my dream!!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Congratulations on a great race! Awesome job! WTG on winning your division. As a fellow former couch potato, I can truly say I know how much fun it is :)