Sunday, June 24, 2007




QUOTE OF THE DAY




"The marathon is like a bullfight. There are two ways to kill a bull, for instance. There is the easy way, for one. But all the great matadors end up either dead or mauled because for them killing the bull is not nearly as important as how they kill the bull. They always approach the bull at the greatest risk to themselves, and I admire that. In the marathon, likewise, there are two ways to win. There's the easy way if all you care about is winning. You hang back and risk nothing. Then kick and try to nip the leaders at the end. Or you can push, challenge the others, make it an exciting race, risking everything. Maybe you lose, but as for me, I'd rather run a gutsy race, pushing all the way and lose, then run a conservative, easy race only for a win."


- Alberto Salazar, 1981
An absolutely awesome day for out clinic group walk in Oakville today - great down by the lake as you can see from the picture above. As is typical for an early Sunday morning not everyone made it out of bed to join us but those that were there got in 14k at a good pace and in great conditions.
Yesterday, was another X-training day for me as I went to the gym and hit the StairMaster for an hour and the rowing machine for 30 minutes - I did the StairMaster in 20 minute sessions around weight training circuits. It was a great workout - I was a little stiff this morning but loosened up pretty quickly.
Three weeks and counting for the next Half Marathon - I have a pretty crazy race schedule over the next few months with 5 Half Marathon and one Full before I fly to Japan for the Suwa Ko Half on October 28Th -- I am so excited by that one -- everything now is simply a step closer to that dream race -- the visualization is already occurring every time I am out training - crossing that line in under 2:20 - The last thing I see before I go to sleep every night is the clock at the finish line....If I am this excited now I can't imagine what the feeling will be like on the plane or arriving in Japan. Lots of friends will be there to watch this one - it will be so cool!!!!

No comments: