Tuesday, June 05, 2007


QUOTE OF THE DAY



"No doubt a brain and some shoes are essential for marathon success, although if it comes down to a choice, pick the shoes. More people finish the marathon with no brains than with no shoes!!!!!"

Don Kardong
I am happy to say that I got my 12kms in yesterday afternoon, so I feel I am back on track in a general sense. There still are some aches and pains, some minor blistering problems but they should all be resolved in due time..I am not going to lose any sleep over it - just have to plod on on a daily basis trying to get the back stronger and tougher skin on the torn up feet from Mississauga.
I have agreed to instruct a second Half/Marathon Clinic at the Rosedale Running Room in Toronto during the summer - it begins on Saturday, June 30/2007. It is a great opportunity to help establish the walking community in the Toronto area. I am very excited and hope that those of you who read this blog and reside in Toronto will come out and join us. Good times will be had by all.
Speaking of good times --- I took a very close look at the Suwa Ko Half Marathon format yesterday. It has a maximum time of 2:40:00 of which I was aware but it actually has timing points where if you are later than the posted time you are actually directed off the course.
Here are the timing points: 1.6km = 20:00
4.6km = 35:00
8.0km = 1:10:00
14.4km = 1:55:00
17.7km = 2:25:00
21.1km = 2:40:00
Having that sort of restrictions sure makes it a different kind of race - definitely more competitive. I am not really concerned with the times of the race, rather the culture of the race will be quite different that any one I have experienced to date.

No comments: