Monday, June 04, 2007


QUOTE OF THE DAY
Laurence Sterne: "A large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life, by him who interests his heart in everything."
A very tired start to the day - very little energy at my 230am wake up call and 0400am start at work -- this has got to change sooner than later -- not a healthy way of life -- have to have a nap in the afternoon before I can go out to train. I love to train in the early morning so this has thrown a wrench in to my preferred style.....
On a more positive note -- I registered for the OTMH Father's day 5k on June 17 - my son is doing the race with me - he is running it though - it will be nice to have him there. I am also registering for the Brampton Half Marathon on July 15th and I think I will do the new Whitby Half Marathon on July 30th as well. Toss in my next clinic starts on Thursday and I guess I have a busy summer lined up.
I am very excited that I have also registered for the Suwa Ko(lake) Half Marathon in Suwa, Nagano Prefecture, in Japan on Oct. 28th. Registration opened on June 1st and has a cut off point of 7000 participants. I already have about 6 of my clinic members and one from London who are seriously considering this adventure.............If anyone is interested contact me directly at allanmedd@hotmail.com. It is possible to do this trip for under $1800 plus your mad money. If you are up for the adventure please feel free to contact me......There is also a 1ok/half/full Marathon in Hiroshima the week before on Oct. 21/07 which I am considering the 10k as a warmup for the Half the following weekend. The picture above is of the Suwa Ko race route with the lake to your left all the way around, surrounded by mountains - what more could you ask?


No comments: