Sunday, June 03, 2007


QUOTE OF THE DAY


"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.Walk beside me and be my friend." -
Albert Camus (also attributed to Maimonidies).

This is my friend Doug who I basically brow beat into taking my clinic - He completed the Mississauga Half Marathon in 2:53:00 - his first race ever of that distance -- now he is bitten by the bug and has registered to do the next clinic and will go with me to the the Suwako Half in Japan in October...............Good on ya' "Dougie"

I did 16 km is Oakville this morning - 4 of us went of and did a relaxing 6k and after that I was on my own - really thrilled with the results though - 10k in 1:06:37 - I feel better now than I did before the Mississauga Marathon - recovery is an important part of our training - knowing when to listen to our bodies and the experts and following direction - which is particularly hard for me.

Registered for the OTMH Father's day 5K today - can't wait - some pretty stiff competition at this one -- haven't done a short race in so long I forget how - like riding a bike though - once that gun goes off I am sure memories will come back.



No comments: