Saturday, June 09, 2007


QUOTE OF THE DAY




"It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys."
- Emil Zatopek


"It's elevating and humbling at the same time. Running along a beach at sunrise with no other footprints in the sand, you realize the vastness of creation, your own insignificant space in the plan, how tiny you really are, your own creatureliness and how much you owe to the supreme body, the God that brought all this beauty and harmony into being." - Sister Marion Irvine, 2:51 PR and 1984 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials qualifier
What a truly beautiful day out there today - yet, I didn't get in any outdoor training today - that will happen tomorrow when I head out with my clinic in the morning.
Today was getting back to basics day - back to what worked the best for me when this journey began --- three hours at the gym --- 26km on the bike, 6.5km on the treadmill doing hill intervals, 3.8km on the rowing machine and 45 minutes working on core strengthening and some shoulder and chest work - It is an amazing statistic that walkers when using their arms will pump them 40,000-50,000 times in a marathon - I guess that means you should make sure they are strong enough to take the punishment as well as help power you along.
It was a great workout, I thoroughly enjoyed it and will plan 2 of these X-training workouts a week for sure -- followed by the sauna -- Man, I feel the best I have in weeks.

No comments: