Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Kathryn(High Park) and Hayley(Rosedale) - Running Room Managers who helped make it all happen
Excuse the finger - but here are some the "A-TEAM"

QUOTE OF THE DAY




"Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I may not forget you."


This has been a great week for the Walking movement in this area - Sunday's High Park Invasion has opened some eyes for sure!! John Stanton himself may come to another invasion himself as he is very impressed by what we were able to put together - the next one will be in Mid town Toronto - probably start at the Commerce Court Store and it will be Sunday August 26th beginning at 08:30am using the boardwalk and waterfront paths along the Lakeshore with pot luck after back at the store.
"THE PITTER PATTER YOU HEAR IS THE INFANT WALKING MOVEMENT COMING OF AGE"
quote source "me"
FYI: Check out Facebook -- group name "Running Room Walkers(GTA)-Working together" Join us - your input about future events, advocating more walker friendly events etc. would be greatly appreciate.....Steve, Tammy - your help would be appreciated as well!!!
Just a few Kms the last two mornings - 5 Monday and 7 today -- Race(Half Marathon) coming on Sunday in Whitby --- promises to be a good one -- have family participating as well as some of my Oakville Clinic walkers and I see a few old friends are registered as well -- should be a good day....

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Wish I could have joined the High Park invasion - sounds like lots of fun!!!

I did join the Facebook group :)