Friday, July 13, 2007


QUOTE OF THE DAY


"Having a positive mental attitude is asking how something can be done rather than saying it can't be done. "
Bo Bennett
It has been a tiring work week BUT an awesome training week with the clinics - In both my Wednesday and Thursday clinics, we did a drill called "Mexican 200's" which is my walking version of the Mexican 1000's done by the Mexican Marathon Running team of years gone by. I don't think my folks are up to the 1000's but by clinics end maybe......They are basically 200 meter intervals as hard as you can go followed by 30 secs at recovery speed and then do it all over again for 12 repeats - increasing it by 10% each week - both in distance and # of repeats.
It was awesome to see how they all pulled for one another, pushed one another and high fived, hugged, applauded for each other at the end - they all seem pumped by the workout and had a great sense of accomplishment when they finished -- and wanting more next week!!!
Race weekend this weekend -- Brampton Half Marathon -- the race director has asked me to give the Walkers Welcome and race instructions 10 minutes prior to the gun --- if, as he says, "you can get out of the zone long enough to do it" -- The poster posted here was for me -- I have a goal for this weekend's race and I have to keep telling myself "I know I can, I know I can, I know I can".
Rosedale clinic tomorrow morning starting at 07:45 but each group knows that I will only be doing partial loops with them due the the race on Sunday.
Have a great weekend everyone!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Have fun giving the "Walkers Welcome"! Congratulations on being chosen to do that! I like your picture as well and I'll be thinking of it on Sunday. Good luck, can't wait to hear how you do.