Wednesday, July 18, 2007


QUOTE OF THE DAY
"The beauty of the soul shines out when a man bears with composure one heavy mischance after another, not because he does not feel them, but because he is a man of high and heroic temper."
Aristotle, Greek philosopher (384-322 B.C.)
Theses past few days have been difficult to say the least - I have taken a stand in my work environment - I cannot and will not work at 04:00am any more - requires getting up at 2:30am and driving 500kms a week to and from work - factor in a partner at work who refuses to to an equal sharing of shifts and it becomes intolerable. So I am taking 2 weeks off to consider my alternatives. Every obstacle can be taken as just that - an obstacle or can be looked at as an opportunity - I chose the latter - it is an opportunity to possibly take my passion to another level and another place.
Race recap now -- I said before I was happy I won but unhappy with my time -- I have broken down my splits and come up with a theory --Here it is!!"YOU CAN'T DO SUB 2:20:00 ON 2:25:00 CONDITIONING" Go figure -- so starting this week I am ramping up the conditioning workouts, more hills, more intervals and more long walks at speed.....Another race on the 29th - 2nd half in 14 days!!!!
Something phenomenal has occurred though - My BH has decided to surprise me an get involved with the sport - she will do the 5k in Whitby the day I do the Half. We have been out the last two early mornings and she is a pretty good student - one of the few times she will listen to me --hahahahaha!!! Add onto that, my step son has decided to run the half the same day on very little training - his big fear - getting beaten by an "old racewalker" as he calls me!! Several friends of the family have also registered to do the 5k for their first ever race --- 10 in all now, plus 4 from my Oakville clinic doing the half -- going to be a fun day.
I have said before that if I can get one person to walk in my shoes literally than it is all worth it -- seeing the response above is the ultimate compliment -- I am so pleased and humbled.
Have an awesome day everyone!!!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

That's so great that you can inspire so many! I'm glad that makes you feel good, since work is such a drag for you right now. Good luck and wisdom in your decision-making process.