Tuesday, July 10, 2007


QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Seek out that particular mental attribute which makes you feel most deeply and vitally alive, along with which comes the inner voice which says, 'This is the real me,' and when you have found that attitude, follow it. "

James Truslow Adams


"I am responsible. Although I may not be able to prevent the worst from happening, I am responsible for my attitude toward the inevitable misfortunes that darken life. "

Walter Anderson

Well, I guess you can see where I am heading with these quotes and poster - after Sunday's outburst on my blog I have decided once again that if I can't change it to change my attitude in order to be able to deal with the pitfalls a little more productively. Take other's complaints, rework them into a positive framework and come out with a better program in the long run and that is what I have done with the Rosedale clinic.....we are now starting our clinic at 07:45am on Saturday mornings, when the Marathoners meet and do their first loop and I get to spend time with them for instruction, problem solving and just general relationship building -- at 09:00am we circle back by the store and pick up the Half Marathoners and do a second loop during which I can spend time with them and not feel guilty that the marathoners have been left out and everyone gets in their necessary mileage. The routes have now been designed to be functional - ie. I will be able to see the front and the back of the group and this makes it much safer....... After the second loop, we will meet our guest speaker at the store and be finished by 11:30am -- this also gives people more of their Saturday afternoon for themselves, instead of finishing at 1pm or 2pm in the afternoon and also keeps everyone out of the afternoon heat -- everyone wins!!

Great time speaking at the 5/10k clinic last night - positive response and nothing like giving a motivational talk to get on back on track!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: