Monday, July 30, 2007

Takako(in green) and Annie(in grey-Rosedale Half Marathon clinic)
Lynn - Oakville Marathon Clinic

Liz - Oakville Marathon Clinic


Caroline - Oakville Marathon Clinic


They even put a tape out for me - Awesome


QUOTE OF THE DAY

An Inspirational Thought, Motivational Thought - Achievement of a Life Goal By Karen Casey from the book, "Each Day a New Beginning" Thanks to Kim for submitting!

"We truly can do these things that are our "hearts' pure desires." However, most of us look at the whole task and feel overwhelmed.
We need, instead, to look at the task's many parts.
One part at a time, one day at a time, we can accomplish any goal we set for ourselves. I know a recovering woman who wrote a 300-page dissertation, the final achievement to obtain her PhD. When asked at a meeting how she ever did it, her reply was, "One word at a time." That's wonderful advice.
No matter how many goals were missed or plans dashed when we were still using, now that we are recovering, each of us can do whatever is in our hearts--if we do it little by little, not all at once, today.
Today, I will do one small task that will contribute toward the achievement of a life goal. "
The weekend is over and another race is down.......An awesome weekend for my friends in my clinics and my family -- Caroline, Liz and Lynn all finished their first half marathon at Whitby - all under 3 hours - just a phenomenal job particularly considering the unbearable heat and humidity during the race. My BH completed her first ever race - a 5k walk in 42 minutes with minimal training and has already picked her next race.....My step-son ran his first ever half and shocked us all coming in at 1:48. I was fortunate to win the walking event in a personal worst time of 2:31.................but I was able to do it and competing and enjoying the experience should be all that matters -- if you look at the picture above of Caroline crossing the line in tears -- that is what it is all about!!!!
I am in the process of reassessing my priorities regarding the sport -- as alot of you know I am instructing two separate clinics right now - taking 4 days a week which is obviously hampering my own training - so now what is most important -- well I am guessing the teaching is -- I have always wanted to help people walk a mile in my shoes and therefore hopefully helping them to make some health and life altering changes - I know this sport has done that for me!!! However, I love to compete and do well -- I love being able to go for it and "just do it" -- so after these clinics are over, I will do one not two the next time around -- that will still give me 5 days training on my own -- So maybe I can "have my tofu and eat it too!!!"

No comments: