Tuesday, July 03, 2007

ROSEDALE RUNNING ROOM HALF AND FULL MARATHON WALKING CLINIC


QUOTE OF THE DAY


Robert Schuller: "I will! I am! I can! I will actualize my dream. I will press ahead. I will settle down and see it through. I will solve the problems.
I will pay the price. I will never walk away from my dream until I see my dream walk away: Alert! Alive! Achieved"



Another long weekend has come and gone - not so long for me, as I ended up working overtime on Sunday and Monday - pays for some races I guess!! Tired though, and did not get in the distance I wanted to last night - still got in 6.1k but hopefully will make up for it today when I get some X-training in this afternoon. I hope to do the 6.5k to and from the gym plus do some core work and 3o minutes on the bike and 30 on the rowing machine. I really find that with doing conics 4 days of the week that I have to mximize my training time when I am on my own. It sometimes is a mental battle as you tend to tire mentallly with the grind of one's own work schedule plus the clinics. The clinics are an awful lot of fun but there is alot of energy used in planning new and innovative workouts to keep everyone's interest up - making it intense enough to keep your returning experienced people progressing but not too intense to scare off new people - that is an interesting balance to keep - add that together with guest speakers, and the information I print off for everyone each week - well you get the drift...........In spite of it all - I just love it. I got an email from one of my new Rosedale Clinic people the other day and among other things she said "everyone is thrilled to have you as our leader/teacher.........you have made us all feel we are among the pioneers of the walking movement" ----- That is what makes it all worthwhile!!!

No comments: