Thursday, July 05, 2007

ROSEDALE RUNNING ROOM




DON'T YOU JUST LOVE THOSE INTERVALS






QUOTE OF THE DAY


"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem. "
It looks once again like it may shape up to be a good day in the neighbourhood. Oakville clinic night and they are always wondering what I have up my sleeve for them -- It's like I sit in my lab "late at night" and devised an evil plan for the night - just so I won't disappoint them, I did just that - but I won't share it until tomorrow just in case some of them read his during the day and come down with a mysterious illness - the "interval flu" I am sure.
A great night last night - some photos above of when we were doing our warm ups prior to doing an awesome Descending Interval workout -- everyone is coming along technique wise and found out last night how important pacing is. We did intervals of 1200m/1000m/800m/600m/400m/200m with 300 metre recovery between each interval - as the distances went down the speed requirements went up so that you were doing the last two intervals at 5k pace or better......they had quite the feeling of accomplishment when all was said and done...............8.3k in total with the warm up and cool down. I added another 6.4k for myself before and after to give me 14+k for the day so I was pleased as well.
Have a great day everyone...............


































1 comment:

Tammy said...

I like the descending interval/increasing speed workout. That sounds like a good one. Will have to give it a try one of these days.

Thx for the 4th of July wishes - we had a great day!