Friday, July 06, 2007

ROSEDALE RUNNING ROOM CLINIC


QUOTE OF THE DAY
"Rule of thumb: Eat for what you're going to be doing, and not for what you have done. Don't take in more than you're willing to burn off."
Lee Haney
Today is a rest day - I looked at my training calender and started to count back and was shocked to see I had not taken a rest day in about 12 days and I was wondering why my body was screaming at me......I have a half marathon a week from Sunday so I need to start to taper anyway at some point. No taper till after I finish with my Rosedale clinic tomorrow and Oakville on Sunday - 16k with each Marathon group - so some significant mileage on the weekend. Monday, Tuesday and Friday next week will be off days for sure.
More descending intervals with the Oakville group last night. As they had already done this once before, they were more prepared and obviously took the time to conceptualize and implement their pacing --- after it was all said and done, we finished with an introduction to hill training with 4 quick hills and called it a night after about a total of 8k.
The Oakville clinic continues to grow - 3 more last night brings the total to 25 -- one being another converted runner - I love it when people "see the light"
Have a great weekend everyone.




No comments: