Wednesday, January 03, 2007

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"HAPPINESS COMES WHEN YOUR WORK AND WORDS ARE OF BENEFIT TO YOURSELF AND OTHERS"
Buddha

"WHEN YOU CONVINCE YOUR MIND OF ITS ACCOMPLISHING POWER, YOU CAN DO ANYTHING"
Paramahansa Yogananda

I hope everyone has had a successful start to the New Year --- all of the excitement and challenges that will present themselves to us will no doubt test us and present us with opportunities to grow and accomplish. Once again "goals are bridges to our dreams"
I am looking forward to the start of my marathon clinic next week - there is a pretty good registration to this point and it will be a lot of fun I am sure. I also finally registered for the Chili Half last night and was thrilled to see the number of walkers that have already registered -- it looks like it will be a great event-- I for one can not wait to compete again --8 weeks between races seems like a lifetime -- if someone had told me a year ago that I would be feeling like this obviously I would have said they were crazy -- now as I put another new hole in my belt today I find I just thrive on the competition.
I have had a couple of great workouts at the gym this week as well -- I am sticking to my plan for speed stamina workouts and based on my results in the Oakville 5km I feel that I am on the right track -- but"even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you stand still" - so keeping that in mind -- I am varying these workouts and adding some new wrinkles and more cross training to improve stamina as well --- everything I have read suggests that core and leg strength are obviously keys ---so along with legs I will continue to focus on the lower back and glutes as well as the daily focus on abs as well -- I have found some great exercises in runners World recently for these and find they are indeed amazing yet so simple. Go Figure --- Simple is still best

No comments: