Friday, January 19, 2007

QUOTE OF THE DAY

Robert Silliman Hillyer: "Perfectionism is a dangerous state of mind in an imperfect world. The best way is to forget doubts and set about the task in hand... If you are doing your best, you will not have time to worry about failure."

Thomas Carlyle: "Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak. "

Today is the perfect start to a great weekend - great training weather and hopefully will stay that way for the weekend as I do some long walk training with Glenn and Rita tomorrow morning and then Sunday morning at the Running Room with the clinic group - 7km with the half and 13 with the full. Thankfully I have some help with those in the half as I find it difficult to spend equal time with each group when the distances are so vastly different but we are working it out.
Last night was a clinic night as well. A good store session, followed by the first introduction of the group to intervals -- all did exceptionally well -- what a game group --- not a quitter among them. the half did 5k and the full 10k and I was able to do a 5k loop so I could do intervals in the first 5k with the half and intervals with the full in the second loop. That worked pretty well -- a late night but a great sleep afterwards.
I have altered my off days now to accommodate my clinics and personal training.--- I am taking my rest days on Friday instead of Mondays as I found I wasn't getting enough mileage in without doing Monday. I found I was taking a rest day on Friday as the clinic is late on Thursday and I wouldn't get up to the gym on Friday -- so rest it is!
I found it interesting in Bryan's blog the discussion about weight loss and people's comments ---are you sick?? why do you want to lose more?? why do you do it??? ...It is amazing the transformation in other peoples thoughts as well as your own -- people have gone from calling me "Sumo" to calling me "Skeletor"" I am often asked why I do half or full marathons and I truely am saying ""Because I can "" --given that a year ago I couldn't even visualize it and 3 years ago I could hardly walk --------"BECAUSE I CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" AND I AM DAMN HAPPY AND PROUD THAT I CAN.
You are right Bryan " Are we supposed to enjoy it this much??"

No comments: