Monday, January 01, 2007

WELCOME 2007

"A happy New Year! Grant that I May bring no tear to any eye When this New Year in time shall end Let it be said I've played the friend, Have lived and loved and labored here, And made of it a happy year." Edgar A. Guest


Welcome to 2007 everyone - hope all had a safe and enjoyable New Year's Eve and that you are still feeling healthy this morning.
A special Happy New Year to my training family -- Glenn, Lin and the girls(Allison, Sarah, and Jenna) --- one of the best things about 2006 was meeting you all and becoming such close friends -- it has been a blessing to me and one I appreciate very much ---Thank you all for making me feel like one of the family, always being there --- and of course the competition and the training together as well. Great job yesterday in the Port Credit 10 km resolution walk yesterday -- a very impressive result -- one you should be very proud of.
My virtual friends -- Sarah and Bryan K -- thanks for all -- Bryan we will see you in Ottawa for sure -- now there are a bunch from my clinic who want to do this race as well----It will be an honor to race with you -- you have come a long way this year --- you have made amazing strides and I am proud to have been some way a part of it and you should be proud and thrilled with your results. By the way -- we go for the Open win not the age category in Ottawa -- age if a function of the past not the present or future!!!!!!!!!!!
Sarah -- I am looking for amazing results from you this years as well -- I know that psychologically you have dealt with a lot this year and have overcome alot as well -- you are an awesome talent and an inspiration - I hope the Chili Half is in the cards -- and who knows if my work schedule allows it maybe we can do some outdoor work together in the spring. Good Luck in 2007.

One last note on 2006---The Resolution Walk in Oakville yesterday I finished in 33:19 for the 5km -- which to me was a huge accomplishment as I had not done one since August and that time was 35:04 -- so progress is being made in short distance speed as well which pleases me very much. There goes one of my New Years resolutions already.---Time to Rethink??

Cheers all and Have a Happy Day

No comments: