Friday, January 12, 2007

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"PEOPLE OFTEN SAY THAT MOTIVATION DOESNT LAST - WELL, NEITHER DOES BATHING---THAT'S WHY WE RECOMMEND IT DAILY"

Douchan Gersi "Victory always starts in the head. It's a state of mind. It then spreads with such radiance and such affirmations that destiny can do nothing but obey."

Well, a fine good evening to everyone. Here we are already half way through January and "winter". This is just amazing for outdoor training - last night was as nice as any night in the last few weeks and we took advantage of it.

First night last night of my first attempt at instructing a "Marathon Walking" Clinic for the Running Room in Oakville ------ the store manager actually asked me to do a half and a full clinic at the same time so that is what we are doing. We were missing two people who had signed up but can only make it on Sundays, but I was amazed as there were a total of 19 in clinic last night so we will have a total of 21 --- and who said walking wasnt growing -- I am totally thrilled -- a great group of people -- old friends, new friends and soon to be friends --- with a great variety of experience. I know there may at some point in time a drop off but I am going to try and give everyone a daily bath of motivation as the quote of the day suggests. I hope I can live up to the billing and provide a good clinic -- I have some amazing speakers coming as well -- one is a pretty accomplished Racewalker in her own right -- isnt that right SARAH? Julie Boyer is coming in to speak to us in a couple of weeks and she is a motivational speaker as well as a 2 time Hawaii Ironman finisher - that I find amazing and she is a nutritionist as well.

Glenn and I are doing our long training walk tomorrow morning and i will be in Oakville for our long Club Walk on Sunday - that is a 10km for the full and 7km for the half. Add on to that and two days overtime on sat and Sunday and it will be a busy weekend.

Thank goodness for the Protein Powder I picked up on Wednesday - it has made the world of difference and has so far stemmed off a similar crash to last weekends.

Have a great weekend all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you're going to have a good clinic Allan. Yep, I'm looking forward to speaking and demonstrating at your clinic.