Wednesday, January 17, 2007

QUOTE OF THE DAY

Napoleon Hill: "There is one quality that one must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants, and a burning desire to possess it."

Good afternoon all -- man has it ever been a chilly couple of days -- not great for outdoor training - Cudos to all of you who did though - It appears as if my virtual friend BryanK has done some -- better person than I --- I chose to do my workouts at the gym. I do like the way I have altered my treadmill workouts -- I am doing a lot of distance but am varying the workouts each day with respect to the focus and I feel the positive difference. Yesterday was 12.8k -Tempo -- I do a circuit weight workout(upper and core) followed by 30 minutes hill tempo and repeat this process 3X--with each tempo faster. Today, was 14.9K -Interval -- starting with core circuits and then 35minutes interval - first int --after 5 min warm up I do 1 minute at 7:30/K pace, then 2 minutes at 7:00/K pace. I do this again 3X but each time increasing the pace --2nd round - 1 min at 7:30/k followed by 2 at 6:50/K and on the third -- 1min at 7:30/K followed by 2 min at 6:40/K. I also always warm up on the bike for about 12km before I start anything to get the heart pumping - some days the stairclimber but I find the bike is the best for me to work on my hamstrings.
Tomorrow is Clinic night - I have had some positive response so far which I am pleased about --- it is a wonderful group of people -- tomorrow I introduce them to interval training outdoors - so a 4-5k warmup and then 2-3 intervals and then 2 cooldown or thereabouts weather permitting. Tomorrow morning I will be at the gym early as well -- and will do and hour of what I call Up and Downs -- Hill training with a twist -- every 2 minutes I increase the speed one tenth and do that until I reach 90% max heart rate and then decrease one tenth every 2 minutes until I get to the starting point and then do it all over again --- that is one of my favorite workouts -- pump up the AC/DC and away we go!!!
Thank Goodness I am feeling better mentally and physically - I did not like that crash ---that was one huge lesson learned. Now -- if I can only remember it!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You wimp! How dare you call yourself a Canadian!! :)

Sorry, I could not resist Allan! But seriously, I guess it's a question of good layering... and guts to get out of the door. After those first 5 minutes, the cold does not bother me anymore.

Cheers my friend!

BryanK