Wednesday, January 31, 2007

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"The more I talk to athletes, the more convinced I become that the method of training is relatively unimportant. There are many ways to the top, and the training method you choose is just the one that suits you best. No, the important thing is the attitude of the athlete, the desire to get to the top."
- Herb Elliott

Just a quick little note today - this quote is pretty appropriate to an ongoing discussion I am having with someone these days -- and it doesnt matter the sport. I have become a student of the sport and have basically stolen my training regiments from a variety of sources and experts in this particular great sport of endurance/power/race walking. I have taken what fits for me - it may not fit for the next person down the road but it works for me and is a continuous work in progress. I have decided I am neither a power or racewalker but pick what works best from both for me and I have come to the conclusion that I am proudly an "ENDURANCE WALKER" - if there is such a term -- if there isnt -- there is now. This is me and I am glad to have found my primary focus and put a handle on it.
A quick work out today - 15.6 km hill/up and down endurance intervals - a great workout. Afternoon coffee with the "ironwoman" Julie Boyer and then off to work. Clinic night tomorrow and am really looking forward to it.

No comments: