Monday, October 09, 2006


OUOTE OF THE DAY
"There is no greater glory for a man/woman as long as he/she lives than that which he/she wins by his own hands and feet"
Forgive me Homer - I mean the Homer that wrote " The Odyssey" who originally wrote this quote way back when - not Homer Simpson - I altered the quote just a bit to make it more politically correct - hence the he/shes etc.
This was so appropriate today as I did 30km in training for the first time - and in a decent time of 3:45:12 - so I am pretty happy with that. I did the first 10km on my own except for Lee Scotts 50minute walking program on my MP3 player. The other 20km I did with my training buddies Glenn and Lin. It was an awesome day - around a couple of small lakes and no traffic to deal with - just fellow walkers and runners - beautiful weather and the leaves were spectacular, colours like an artist easel. - A beautiful day to be a walking athlete.....
I have been using Lee Scott's 50 minute program regularly this week - it is a terrific help - form, speed and endurance. I really feel it is helping - makeing me feel more comfortable with my hip rotation for sure - hopefully, helping me get a little faster longer now - hoping to get under that magic 2:30 at Niagara in a couple of weeks - I cant wait - I am so hooked on racing - love the competition and the atmosphere and that "greater glory" that Homer spoke of.
One last thought for the day as I missed yesterday - one I am sure ma provoke some response somewhere
"TO AVOID CRITICISM - DO NOTHING, SAY NOTHING - BE NOTHING"

No comments: