Thursday, October 12, 2006

QUOTE OF THE DAY
"You cant have successes without disappointments. I think we learn that at some point, which helps us handle life's challenges with a positve attitude"
Tim Deboom - 2 time Hawaii Ironman Triathalon Champion

Just a day of rest for me today - trying to get the right combination of rest -workouts before the half in Niagara and then back to Marathon training hardcore.

Sarah - if you read this today -remember this at your race this weekend- your last race is simply that - Your Last Race - nothing more nothing less - simply a step in our journey where we were fortunate to learn something new - actually a blessing.
Good luck all this weekend

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a good quote too, thanks Allan! Yep, I'm going to do my best to enjoy things out there and just see the race as a stepping stone helping me get faster in the long run. I have to keep reminding myself that I've only been doing this for a year. I shouldn't be so hard on myself.