Friday, October 27, 2006


QUOTE OF THE DAY
"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face...You must do the thing you think you cannot do." -- Eleanor Roosevelt, 1884-1962, Social Activist and Former First Lady

Sarah, when I found this one this morning I thought of you and your recent discussion about racing ---hope you find this one appropriate and useful.

Today was proof to me that my recent extra focus on speed and endurance is working. I did my daily strength workout and then headed out to do 10km and see how fast I could be on my own in a training session and if I had the endurance to keep the speed. I was really happy with the results - a PB training time for 10km of 1:06:46..................I cant wait until next weekend at Angus Glenn- I am going to do my long day with Glen on Sunday as well as introduce my boss to the gym in the morning. Then I will do the same routine next week as I did before Niagara to get ready for the race.
Have a great weekend all--------------Cheers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! Thanks Allan. Yeah, when I looked at the cartoon I chuckled even before reading your post. I'll definitely be "right-clicking and saving" that one if that's all right. Great 10K time. Um, I'm going to have to watch it, you'll be bettering all my PB's very shortly!