Friday, October 13, 2006

QUOTE OF THE DAY
"Laugh at your foibles, celebrate every step of your progress, and measure your success by how much fun your are having, not by how many medals you win"
Jayne Williams, author of Slow Fat Marathon

Well, it has been another busy work - agreeing to this temporary promotion at work has really changed my level of responsibility on a daily basis. So I am really benefitting from my workouts and roadwork as well - now they have a spectacular secondary purpose of stress reducer. I certainly can maintain my calm in crisis situations far better than I ever did before I began this program almost a year ago. There is the posibility that it may not be as temporary as I originally thought.
I had a great workout at the gym this morning including 10 plus kms of interval hill training on the treadmill - I did suprisingly enough really enjoy it today. Working on that pesky teardrop muscle over my knee as well as got some new exercises for my hips and shins and new stretches as well. All in all a very productive early morning at the gym.
Then my stepson and I headed for the Running Room and got him some new gear for the Niagara Half next weekend - some really good shoes, and other cool weather gear. He was thrilled with it and also has said he wants to do Angus Glenn with me.
By the way Angus Glen is 75% sold out if anyone is interested - Half Marathon, and 10km races - November 5-2006
Cheers all - Have a good weekend

No comments: