Monday, October 02, 2006

QUOTE OF THE DAY
"THINK BIG ...BUT CARRY AN ERASER----Brainstorm your training goals first, then write them down. Do this in pencil, so you can change the specifics when reality sets in"
Well, a busy weekend - 10km on Saturday, and then 27km yesterday and I felt really good afterward - although I am taking today as a rest day - as someone alos once said "No-one ever won a race with an impressive training log" I did the majority of my long one with friends from our completed clinic. They have recently decided to join me at the Angus Glen Half in November - that will be a fun race. I know alot of people think my race schedule is a bit much but i rationalize it by saying I have a full marathon in Dec in Las Vegas - the two halfs that I am doing in between now and then plus my previous two work into my training schedule as my weekly long walk days and also helps me work on my timing and race pacing --- anyway thats my personal justification --- as long as I make sure I take my rest days I should be okay - keeping my fingers crossed though.
It is so cool that we can influence others to get active - my step son has always been pretty active but never a racer. He just returned from a year in Korea on an exchange scholarship at Yonsei University in Seoul. He was so happy with the health and fitness changes that I have made in the year he was gone that he wanted to start doing something as well. He tried walking with me but found he had to jog to keep up and has now been focusing on running. He has decided to do the Niagara Half Marathon with me on Oct 22nd and is also registered for Las Vegas............I am very proud of him and pleased that I may have a a bit on an influence on him That is so cool

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's how I look at my walking Allan. While I enjoy doing it for myself, I am also very happy that I can get others interested in it as well. That's great that you motivate your step-son like that.

Sounds like you're well on your way to a great full marathon.