Sunday, October 22, 2006


QUOTE OF THE DAY
"Winning is nice, but you savor that victory for an evening and it's gone. Competing well is just not to be equated with winning."

The Niagara marathon is over for another year ---It was a great walking division headed by Lee Scott--------she is just an amazing athlete -- she, of course, was in the top two -in fact, I am sure she was first overall --she even remembered my name which was so cool,
My personal results were far beyond my expectations ----I was 1st overall open male and even got a trophy - cool---a PB of 2:26:24 ---4:16 off of my previous best. I am so thrilled you wouldnt believe ----my tapering program worked last week and my mental focus was good.
The course itself was great ---very picturesque and the crowd of walkers was impressive - somewhere between 250-300.............RAIN though but not real cold and no wind to speak of ----my kind of weather....An incredible day

Now to savour it for the rest of the day and back to training for Angus Glenn is two weeks..............What a great experience this sport is ---Spread the Word

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Allan! What a great result, and in not-so-good weather too. Your 1/2 marathon time is now faster than mine! Congratulations on the finishing position and the trophy. Put it in a prominent spot and show it off!