Saturday, October 07, 2006

QUOTE OF THE DAY
"Middle age is when a broad mind and a narrow waist exhange places"

When you look around that certainly seems to be the case - Fortunately for us our sport Fitness/Power/Racewalking - whichever you are involved with- can help reverse that trend.
I like to think of my progress over the last year as an example of that - I saw my surgeon yesterday - Dr Rosenfeld in Mississauga the man who put all this in motion with a full knee replacement 24 months ago. When I first met him and even one year ago the most exercise I got was wrestling for the remote control. I was the ultimate couch potatoe. I had been in so much pain prior to the surgery that I couldnt exercise and after I felt too hesitant to try and had all the excuses in the world after such dramatic surgery.
Finally, I looked in the mirror and was totally disgusted with the way I looked - especially after getting back from Hawaii and seeing those pictures. So I went to the gym and started walking as well - the rest is history as they say and my walking has taken on a life of its own. Here are the stats of my year in review

OCTOBER 2005 ------------------OCTOBER 2006

WEIGHT 251LBS-------------------- 184LBS

WAIST 43 IN------------------------- 32 IN

BP 139/88 ----------------------------102/76

RHR 72-------------------------------- 53

%BF 27.6----------------------------- 15.7



So everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving - remember to train before the turkey

No comments: